Have A Safe & Happy Thanksgiving!
A Property Manager’s note about fire safety this holiday…
The U.S. Fire Administration reports that, on Thanksgiving Day, more than 4,000 fires occur. The average number of cooking fires doubles on the holiday. In addition to installing a fire detector in the kitchen, there are several easy ways to avoid fires:
- Don’t leave the kitchen while frying and grilling.
- Use a timer and do kitchen checks when simmering, baking, broiling and roasting.
- If deep frying a turkey, keep the fryer outside, away from walls, fences and other structures. Also, keep the fryer away from moisture to avoid burns from steam and spattering oil.
- Keep pot holders and food wrappers 3 feet away from the stove or other hot surfaces. Kids should stay 3 feet away too.
- Make sure the handles of pots and pans are facing inward.
- Avoid loose clothes, especially those with long sleeves, while cooking.
- Make sure all candles and smoking materials are put out after the guests leave.
- Have all smoke detector batteries replaced if not done already this season
- Send a quick email or phone call to your tenants to remind them of these safety items.
Cardinal Point Property Management would like to wish you a safe & happy Thanksgiving.
We thank you for allowing us to help you in all aspects of Property Management / Leasing within 25 miles of Portsmouth, NH (including ME & MA)
As always, please feel free to contact me regarding any property management questions. Advice is always FREE
Happy Thanksgiving!…Til next time,
Eugene P. Bilodeau
Principal Broker / Owner
Cardinal Point Property Management